Create massive extra space with a door mirror. A clever trick can create massive space for other uses. Interior design ideas are evolving day by day. A new trend is spreading now - hanging a full-length mirror over the door. This small trick is on its way to become one of the most popular interior design ideas for 2023… because of the extensive demand for studio apartments, tiny homes, and dorms.
The primary purpose of hanging an over-the-door mirror is to turn a small space into a highly productive area. Many people enjoy extra space after hanging a mirror on their door.
This is a more useful method for students or people who live in tiny apartments. Full-length mirrors are a great way to check your look and notice if you need a final touch. Women correct their makeup, gym buffs follow their progress, and dancers try new moves until they do it right.
If you’re a landlord, a door mirror will prevent your tenants from damaging your property. This goes both ways, if you’re a tenant, a door mirror will help you to avoid causing damage to your landlord's property. And, it is effortless to install. There is no need to drill holes in your door. No need to call an expert to install your door mirror.
You only need to follow these 5 Easy Steps to Install a Door Mirror.
Step 1: Choosing the Right Mirror
First, you need to choose the right size for your door mirror. You can’t hang any mirror of your choice to use as a door mirror.
- Take a measurement tape and make your measurements on your door from top to bottom and side to side. Measure it twice to ensure accuracy.
- Then, decide on the shape. There are different varieties of shapes for door mirrors, choose the one that completes your interior aesthetics.
- And lastly, make sure it's made of lightweight material. Door mirrors have specific features to avoid adding extra mass and pressure on doors.
When you complete these measurements, you can order the right door mirror for yourself.
Step 2: Choose A Door that Your Door Mirror will Fit
To do this, make sure you follow these instructions.
- Grab the door you want to put the mirror on and open/close it a couple of times. Make sure it doesn’t show resistance while getting opened and closed.
- The hooks you will attach to your door mirror will add thickness to the gap between your door’s top edge and door frame. Make sure that the gap has enough space for the hooks.
If the door you chose doesn’t have enough space between the frame and the door., it’s not suitable for your over-the-door mirror. Find another door and check if it causes friction and has enough space for the hooks.
Step 3: Find Thin, Flat Hooks that Harmonize with the Top Edge of the Door
Hooks are the best way to hang your door mirror because it doesn’t cause any damage to your door. It can be applied to any door that has just enough space for the hooks to fit. It saves you from damaging your door by drilling holes in it. And if you want to replace your door mirror, you can simply remove it and attach it to another door.
Now, it’s time to find a compatible hook to attach your door mirror.
- Needs to be thin. Thick hooks can cause damage to the door frame. It has to fit in the gap between the door’s top edge and the door frame.
- Needs to be flat. Curvy hooks aren’t fit for hanging door mirrors. Flat hooks will prevent damaging the door frame and discoloring it.
- If you prefer an invisible look, choose hooks that match the door’s paint color. They will blend nicely together.
- Maybe you want a high-contrast look. Then you should choose a color that stands out against your door's color.
Now you’re ready to assemble all the parts.
Step 4: Attach the Hooks to Your Door Mirror
This is the lengthiest part of this 5-step process. You're almost there!
- Determine where on the mirror you will attach the hooks.
- Mark the spots on the door mirror for where the hooks will attach.
- Position the hooks behind your door mirror.
- Gently poke the marked spots with a thumbtack.
- Adjust the hook holes to the spots and put the screws on, use a screwdriver or power drill.
- Make sure the hooks are holding your door mirror firmly.
Now your door mirror is ready to hang.
Step 5: Hang Your Door Mirror and Adjust Its Position on Your Door
Final step. All you have left to do is hang your door mirror.
- Open your door wide.
- Gently hold your door mirror from the sides.
- Place the hooks on your door’s top edge.
- Position your door mirror to the center. Move it continuously, holding it from the sides.
- Make sure it’s in a position that gets the best light.
- Close your door to check that the hooks are sliding without rubbing the frame.
Now it’s ready to use. It didn’t take much effort to prepare.
Interior design evolves with the world. Door mirrors offer an easy solution for making extra space in your room.
You can see how this clever trick made a big difference in your room. It helps you to see yourself from head to toe, now you can try different outfits in front of your door mirror every time you get ready for your day.
Nowadays many people who live in tiny apartments are using this method. So, don’t fall behind when they are changing their interiors into roomy and productive places with this clever trick.
PS: Things you will need.
- Over-the-door hooks
- Measuring tape
- Screwdriver or power drill
- 1-inch screws
Let’s go over the main points again.
- Buy the right mirror.
- Pick a suitable door for your door mirror.
- Find hooks that will suit your door the best.
- Put the screws into your door mirror.
- Hang your door mirror and adjust it into the best position.